Concordia Lutheran Church - LCMS WEEKLY SERMON Williston, ND

Monday, May 30, 2011

On Atonement (Kinda says it all)

"Did Jesus die for me? How can I be sure? Can I have certainty that God forgives my sins because Jesus died for me on the cross?  If peace with God Depended on the sacrifice of a mere human, it would be doubtful and insufficient, because the death of a mere man, even the most perfectof human beings, would be limited in its worth.  Perhaps it could onyly pay for one sin. "Truly no man can ransom another, or give to god the price of his life, for the ransom of their life is costly and can never suffice" {Psalms 49:7-8}. But Christ is both man and God. Therefore we can be certain that His death was enought to pay the debt for the whole human race. And not ony was it enough, but in fact we can be certain that Christ actually died for all. this is great news! If He died for all human beings, then I can be certain that He died for me too. No Longer do I have to doubt whether I am included amoung God's chosen few. Christ died for all; therefore, He died for me." Lutheranism 101 pg.159

No comments:

Post a Comment